Blue Magic Cheesecake
F R E E D O M is realizing you have a choice.💙 You have a choice to eat whatever food you like. You have a choice to embrace a diet and lifestyle that makes you happy.
On this day we celebrate our nation’s Independence Day. It is a holiday full of cookouts, grilling and “burgers and dogs.” So today I want to send love to all my plant-based foodies who may be the token vegans at their social gathering. You may feel isolated today but know that you are not alone.
No matter what anyone’s opinion may be about why you choose to not eat meat today, stand tall in your beliefs. Let the remarks and jokes just roll off your back.
Chow down on some delicious plants, some @beyondmeat burgers and remind yourself that today is about celebrating our freedom as Americans. And with that freedom comes the right to choose the food you want to nourish your body with.
Today I am enjoying my very festive raw Blue Magic Cheesecake, and lounging by the pool 😎💙
This is the second raw cheesecake I’ve made, and I think I’m addicted. This recipe makes a 9" cheesecake, and is lightly sweetened, but you can always add a chocolate topping or extra berries for added sweetness.
- 1 cup Almondpro almond flour
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews (soak in hot water for 2 hours or over night)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon RawNice blue spirulina
- 2 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon RawNice blue spirulina
- Place almond flour and pitted dates in a food processor and process into a thick flour.
- Fold the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add in the shredded coconut and 3 tablespoon warm water. Mix well, this takes a few minutes.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling to a Vitamix and blend on high speed until it is creamy and smooth.
- Pour the filling into the cheesecake pan on top of the crust and gently tap it on the counter so it settles to the bottom evenly.
- Puree the soaked cashews in a food processor for a few minutes until they become a smooth texture. Then add in the rest of the ingredients for the filling and puree until completely smooth.
- Carefully spread the filling over the middle layer. Then freeze for about 2 hours until firm.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top with shredded coconut, extra blue spirulina, and frozen berries.
- Put the cheesecake pan in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until it hardens.
- Remove it from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for about 5-10 minutes to soften it slightly before cutting and serving.