Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes with Almond Butter Drizzle
VICTORY belongs to those that believe in it the most and believe in it the longest.💪🏻✨
For the city of Philadelphia, this Super Bowl 52 win is historic and a testament to what true faith and determination can bring. 🦅💚🏈
My heart is absolutely bursting with pride for the Eagles 🦅 and my fellow Philadelphians as they celebrate all across the city today. Since I couldn’t be there for the parade, I celebrated in spirit with a major Victory breakfast: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes with Almond Butter Drizzle 🥞🥜🍫
My secret to getting more mileage out of my pancakes 🥞 so they keep me fuller longer is to add a high-quality plant based protein powder.
To power this stack 🥞 I added Almond Pro Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder to the batter to create fluffy, subtly sweet pancakes chock full of protein. 💪🏻 Top with almond butter drizzle and granola for a breakfast that is next level 🥞
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Pro Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
FOR THE DRIZZLE:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 warm water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup or sweetener of choice, then slowly add the almond milk, mixing until combined and not too thick. Add a little extra almond milk if needed.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to a hot non-stick pan until bubbles appear in the centre of each pancake. Flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- To make the Drizzle: Add almond butter, warm water and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Pour sauce into a ziplock bag and snip one corner with scissors for easy piping.
- Pipe the almond butter drizzle over the pancakes. Top with coconut whipped cream, granola or fresh fruit.