Matcha Doughnuts with Almond Glaze
I Donut 🍩 know what I would without my new mini donut pan! It’s my new favorite toy in my kitchen right now 🤗
These Matcha 🍵 Donuts with Almond Glaze were created using the recipe from Oh My Veggies and they are absolutely delicious 😋
I don’t think my Matcha was ceremonial grade so they didn’t come out as green 🍵 as I was hoping, but they still taste divine. I shared them with my coworkers this morning and they all came back for seconds. 💚
For the matcha doughnuts:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid state)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the almond glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 6 cavity doughnut pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, stir together the milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until fully mixed and a thick batter forms.
3. Pipe or spoon the batter into the doughnut cavities. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
5. While the doughnuts cool, stir the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl, adding a bit more milk if the mixture needs thinning, or a bit more powdered sugar if it needs thickening.
6. When the doughnuts are cool, remove them from the pan and dip the top of each one into the glaze, then sprinkle with almonds. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest until the glaze sets.