Nacho Flax Onion Crackers
I recently got a new food dehydrator and have been having so much fun experimenting with tasty raw vegan foods. This Nacho Cracker recipe is inspired from Jill McKeever of Simple Daily Recipes, who has a great YouTube channel filled to the brim with delicious plant-based recipes. 🙌🏻
These crackers are crispy, crunchy, cheesy, and packed with nutrition. Bye bye 👋🏻 potato and corn chips, my snacking just got a serious upgrade 😎
N a c h o 🧀 C r a c k e r s:
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Wet chop the onions in a Vitamix filled with water. Pulse until the onions are finely minced, then drain the water in a colander.
- Add onion to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer batter to dehydrator teflex tray and spread with a spatula until 1/4" thick.
- Dehydrate at 125F for 10 hours, then flip the cracker onto a regular mesh sheet and dry for 5 hours until crispy and edges start to curl up.
- Remove from dehydrator, break into smaller crackers and enjoy with your favorite tree nut cheese