Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
Who said that detoxing has to be boring? I'm all about detoxing the body but enjoying the process - because if it isn't fun than you you aren't going to stick with it!
This revitalizing and raw cauliflower rice tabbouleh is packed full of antioxidant-rich cruciferous veggies, plant protein and amazing flavor. Bonus points for being low in calories too! It's also a great dish if you have a garden overflowing with basil, parsley and tomatoes ;)
Riced cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garden tomatoes, kale, parsley and basil come together in perfect harmony, topped with sesame seeds and a lemon tahini dressing. Loaded with detoxifying veggies, this salad will help keep those pesky free radicals away, while keeping your belly happy and healthy all day long.
- 1 head of cauliflower, stemmed and cut into large pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped dino or lacinto kale, stemmed
- 2/3 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium fresh tomato, copped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt or to taste
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until a rice consistency.
Transfer the riced cauliflower to a large bowl, and add in the kale, sundried tomatoes, tomato, parsley, basil, and sesame seeds.
Make the dressing by adding the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, water, and sea salt to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy
Pour the dressing over the cauliflower mixture and toss to coat.
Serve and refrigerate leftovers