Kachumber Salad is a simple chopped salad with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, radishes and a salt, pepper/cayenne, lime juice dressing. This salad is such a perfect summer salad, as most of the ingredients could be picked right from your garden or from your local farmer's market.
This recipe is perfect for a summer picnic or family gathering and the fresh blend of seasonal flavors is sure to impress your guests!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 large cucumber, chopped small
- 4-5 red radishes, chopped small
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (remove seeds to reduce heat if needed)
- ¼ cup packed chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp or more salt
- ¼ tsp or more freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp or more cayenne (pure red chili powder)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, wash and drain well. Add to a bowl.
- Add the pepper, cilantro and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Taste and adjust salt and heat. Serve.