Chickpea Tacos with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (see below for recipe)
- romaine lettuce leaves for shells
- tomato, diced
- 2-step guacamole* (mashed avocado + garlic powder & sea salt)
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
TACO SEASONING RECIPE:
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a cooking pan with olive oil & set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk tamari, lime juice, and taco seasoning together.
- Add chickpeas to bowl, tossing until well-coated.
- Place chickpeas on pan in an even layer, spray lightly with oil, & bake for 20-25mins.
- While chickpeas are cooking, prepare rice. In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil.
- At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and lime juice and fluff rice with a fork.
- Remove chickpeas from oven, assemble tacos (avocado first!), & serve with rice. Enjoy!