Carrot and Soba Noodles With Sea Vegetables
For the Soba:
2 tablespoons dried hijiki
2 servings of soba noodles
2 garlic cloves
4 ounces tempeh
For the Sauce:
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 teaspoon maple syrup
2 tablespoon mirin
To Make the Soba:
- Put the dried hijiki in a bowl and cover with a cup of water. Let hijiki rehydrate for at least 30 minutes, then drain.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the soba noodles, and give them a quick stir so they’re submerged in water. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes. Drain, rinse, and transfer to a pot of cold water. Wash the noodles using your hands to remove the excess starch, drain and set aside.
- Julienne the carrot, chop the garlic cloves and cut the tempeh into small cubes. Before moving on to the next step, make the sauce.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil at medium heat and sauté the garlic for a minute until fragrant. Add the tempeh as well as the julienned carrot and cook for 5 minutes until carrots are tender and tempeh is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and add the soba noodles, as well as the hijiki. Stir well and divide into 2 plates.
To Make the Sauce:
- To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, and mirin together. Add to pan with soba and vegetables and toss. Serve.