Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 6 regular-sized candy canes
- 9oz bag dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 2-3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Line a half sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper then set aside.
- Add candy canes to a large ziplock bag then place onto a kitchen towel and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to crush the candy (keep on kitchen towel in case the bag gets a small tear - easier to clean up.) Scoop out 2 Tablespoons crushed candy then set aside.
- Add chocolate chips to a medium-sized bowl then microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between increments, until the chocolate is smooth - 1:30 - 2 minutes. Add crushed candy canes and peppermint oil, then stir to incorporate. Pour mixture onto prepared sheet pan then spread into an even layer. It helps to pick the pan up and gently shake it back and forth until the candy has formed an even layer. Sprinkle with reserved crushed candy canes then refrigerate until the chocolate has set, 20 minutes.
- Break bark into pieces then serve or package into gift bags and tie with a ribbon - keep chocolates refrigerated until eating or gifting.