Carrot Spinach Soup with Chickpeas and Dill
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 7 carrots, diced (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 10 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
In a pot over medium heat, cook onion in vegetable broth until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in carrots, chickpeas, turmeric, and salt.
Add 10 cups water, bring to a boil, then simmer, 30 minutes. Add green beans and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
Add spinach, dill, and lemon juice and turn off the heat. Allow greens to wilt before serving.