Tofu Scramble with Sausage
The sun is out and we’re slowly starting to dig our way out of yesterday’s blizzard here in Pennsylvania. In an effort to get myself motivated to pick up the shovel, I made a hearty breakfast to get my energy up. Behold: the Tofu Scramble.
Tofu scrambles are great because they are so versatile, there is really no way to mess them up! Well… that’s a lie, I did have a pretty bad scramble at a restaurant once because they went a little heavy on the turmeric. But for the most part if you go light on the spices, it is pretty difficult to mess up this recipe!
I had Beyond Meat crumbles in the freezer so I threw in some of those along with some fresh spinach for some extra protein and good-for-you nutrients
- 14oz Firm Tofu
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- Earth Balance butter
- ½ cup Beyond Meat beef crumbles
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Drain the water from the tofu.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a pat of Earth Balance butter to the pan.
- Crumble the tofu block into the pan, and add spices. Stir until all tofu is coated in spices and looks like scrambled eggs.
- Add the tamari soy sauce and continue to heat for a few more minutes.
- Add beef crumbles and spinach and heat until spinach is wilted, a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as desired, or add Sriracha for some heat!