Spinach Tofu Muffin Pan Omelettes
This Isa Chandra-inspired recipe has quickly become one of my favorite breakfast recipes. Light and fluffy, these little omelettes are packed with protein as well as a healthy dose of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals thanks to our dark leafy friend Spinach!
They are also super quick and easy to make, all you need is a blender or food processor and a muffin pan!
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (14 oz) package soft (silken) tofu
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- few handfuls fresh spinach
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop garlic in good processor. Add tofu, water, nutritional yeast, olive oil, turmeric and salt. Blend until smooth. Add chickpea flour and cornstarch and blend for 10 seconds until combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides so that everything is well incorporated.
- Brush a 12-cup muffin pan lightly with oil. Pour the batter into each well until a little over halfway full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges have pulled away from the sides a bit and the top is firm to the touch.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, flip onto a cooking rack and enjoy!